Saturday, July 25, 2009

AP English Reading List Resources

You can find a ton of information out there if you Google "AP English Reading Lists". Beware! If you search for this you are going to find the lists overwhelming! No test covers all of these books. What you really want to be able to do is read well, understand, and analyze. You can do this!!! And if you don't ace an AP test, you will still be fine, that's what college is for after all.

In my search I came across a book I bought last year that I would LOVE to do discussions on called How to Read Literature Like a Professor: a Lively and Entertaining Guide to Reading Between the Lines. I have only read part of the book, but even as an English major I had many "aha" moments while reading this. Take a look at this link and let me know what you think. The link is actually a teacher's page with assignments, but it could be a starting point.


How to Read Literature...
Here's a list of the most often referred to titles on the test.


We could go more into this if there is an interest. Keep me posted on what you are reading. I am just about done with my class and am looking forward to reading for fun - bring on the summer reads!


1 comment:

  1. thanks for the help! the book sounds really interesting, and quite insightful.

    ReplyDelete